Some interesting facts from the website:
· The greenhouse was created from a former hockey arena -- you can still see hockey puck marks on the walls!
· The greenhouse project started in 1998.
· It is the most northerly greenhouse in North America and the only community greenhouse of its kind in the world!
· The greenhouse is active from late April to October.
· You can rent different size plots on the main floor area and everything you need is available -- watering cans, potting soil, fertilizer, hoes, a place to put compost, etc.
· The greenhouse holds 74 full-size plots, approximately 10 ft. by 4 ft. The rental fee per full plot is $100 ($50 per half plot).
· There is a commercial greenhouse on the second floor where you can buy seedlings at the beginning of the summer.
· The greenhouse is naturally heated through the summer by the 24-hour sun.
· You can grow anything you like, and with 24-hour sunlight, anything is possible!