Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do you really get enough questions to justify an FAQ section on your blog?
No. But all the really cool blogs have one, and I wanted one too.
2. What do you look like?
Take the picture of me on the "About the Blogger" page and add a few years (I'm being kind to myself).
3. Why are there no pictures of you on the blog?
Before starting the blog, I decided that until I got used to the whole idea of "me as blogger", and accepted my role as a public figure and commentator (!), that I wouldn't post pictures of myself. Frankly, I'm afraid of creepy people tracking me down. If you wonder what I look like (and don't already know me personally), you're probably one of them.
I may change my mind later, when I get used to the whole idea of blogging, but I'm not there yet. A friend did suggest that I take photos of myself pointing to things, or inserting random body parts into my pictures, like fingers, feet, elbows. As that has the potential to go terribly wrong, as well as make for some weird photographic compositions, I have politely rejected that idea (you know who you are, Stephen).
4. Why don't you mention your job, or where you work?
For a couple of reasons:
1. For the sake of privacy - I'd rather keep personal details personal for now.
2. For the sake of discretion - I don't want my blog to interfere with work or reflect in any way on my workplace.
I'll just say that I work for a great organization, with great people, and I love the work that I do!
5. What are your pet peeves?
I'm glad you asked! I have many.
1. Bloggers who don't explain where they are writing from. If you describe yourself as an Arctic blogger but don't give any clue where in the North you live, that's just frustrating. It's a big place up here!
2. Cheap toilet paper. I am very sad that I can't find 3-ply toilet paper in Inuvik. It's a hardship.
3. Guys who grunt and groan so loudly at the gym that you can't hear your music in your own earphones.
I have lots more, but I'll add them as I think of them!
6. Did anyone really ask you what your pet peeves are?
7. Are you funnier in person than you are on your blog?
I sure hope so.
8. How can I contact you?
I don't really know how it works, but I see that Weebly gives me an option for a "Contact Form", so I put one below and will see if it works. Or you can comment on one of the posts too!
9. I sent you a question - why haven't you answered yet?
Because I don't know how! I see the questions in a form, but I don't know how to reply, except via email. So when I have time (soon I hope) I will just put the questions below and answer them. Thanks for your patience as I learn how this works.